My TV Screen Flickers Blue When I Turn on My Kitchen Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

LinseyPimms

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017
This only started within the last couple of months so it hasn't been an ongoing problem. Every time I turn on my kitchen light, the TV screen in my living room flashes blue for a brief second. Both the light and TV I've had for several years. I thought it was just because the light bulb needed replaced as the light was flickering and it caused the screen to flicker repeatedly. I bought a new bulb but when I fitted it and turned it on, the TV screen still flickered. It happens when the PS4 is being used with a HDMI cable (I'm not sure about when it's just normal Sky). I was wondering if changing the HDMI cable would make a difference? I had an issue a couple of years ago with my sewing machine interfering with a TV and found out that changing the HDMI cable fixed the issue. I don't want to have to replace the light fitting to fix it, especially when I just paid £10 for a new light bulb.
Thank you.

LinseyPimms

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017

It's a long fluorescent tube and only takes one kind of bulb unfortunately.

br945

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013

the same thing is happening in my case. i have just switched from normal video cable to HDMI2 set top box. since then the problem has started. so possibly this is the reason although i dont know the technical explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.