Solved! My Viera TH-50PZ850H can't play Digital signal

Jul 18, 2019
Both my Samsung LCD and my 2008 Panasonic Viera PLASMA (TH-50Z850H were working just fine in my old place. After moving to the new apartment today, the plasma fails to find the digital channels. However, it can play all the Analog channels without any problems.

I've tested the antenna with my Samsung LCD and all the digital channels are shown without any issues so the problem is definitely with the Viera TV.

I've scanned for digital channels like 10 times and the result is always the same. It can't fine one single digital channel.

One thing I discover about this building is that the TV-signal is relatively weak. Would this 2008-model requires a "strong" signal to work? If the TV-signal is weaker than normal, would a newer TV like the Samsung be able to find all the channels while an older model like this Viera can't?

It's mostly appreciated if anyone could suggest some potential solution. I don't want to just conclude the TV is damaged during the move and become a big piece of electronic waste.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
The newer TV may well have a more sensitive tuner than the older Panasonic. Even among new models there will be some difference depending on how much of your money they want to invest in the tuner quality.
A possible solution is to replace the antenna with a better one. An amplified antenna will likely give you more signal if your antenna is passive. You can use the signal strength indicator on the Samsung check how strong the signal is with the antenna relocated or upgraded.
Anther option is to get an external tuner. Something like the Amazon Fire Recast will add a DVR which might be useful.
The TIVO Bolt and Channel Master Stream+ are similar options. There are plenty of cheaper digital tuners out there too.
The newer TV may well have a more sensitive tuner than the older Panasonic. Even among new models there will be some difference depending on how much of your money they want to invest in the tuner quality.
A possible solution is to replace the antenna with a better one. An amplified antenna will likely give you more signal if your antenna is passive. You can use the signal strength indicator on the Samsung check how strong the signal is with the antenna relocated or upgraded.
Anther option is to get an external tuner. Something like the Amazon Fire Recast will add a DVR which might be useful.
The TIVO Bolt and Channel Master Stream+ are similar options. There are plenty of cheaper digital tuners out there too.

Solution