My Wi-Fi is not working

older_HP_laptop

Commendable
Feb 13, 2016
My sister had an excellent HP laptop but she broke his screen. So when she got new laptop I decided to switch screens, I switched screen from my latop to her old (I didn't touch her new laptop-I'm not that crazy.) My laptop wasn't working for unknown reason so I took his screen and replaced it with broken one. Everything is working perfectly except wi-fi. I tried everything and it is still not working...

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- First press the fn+F2 button which is normally the switch to enable/disable the wifi capability of HP laptops.
- Next if this will not work is to uninstall/reinstall the Wifi Adapter.
Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Wifi adapter.
- Reboot your laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically upon reboot.
- After the reboot do test it again and see if your laptop will now connect to your wireless network normally.
- If it will not work run System Restore, bring your laptop back to an earlier date or time before the problem even happened.
- Here's how to run System Restore: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03327545
- If System Restore will still not work last option would be to reinstall Windows.