MySpace Gets Facelift, New Focus

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
I think the reason myspace lost to facebook is because people want to simply communicate with all their friends in a very easy way. its like MSN messenger, but with the ability to do much more like post bulletins and soforth..myspace lost its taste because of how gawdy it has become..that, and certain trends only last so long. but i just didn't need all the music and backgrounds, and other random, useless junk on my page. other people may like it, but personal preference is all that matters, and the majority obviously say they like it simple.

buddhav1

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
Music was annoying, especially when you're just browsing around and every single jackasses page is pretty much spewing the most annoying song ever freaking made. I believe the worst was Lips of an Angel by Hinder.

MySpace is dead to anyone past the age of 16, and a facelift isn't gonna save it.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
[citation][nom]buddhav1[/nom]Music was annoying, especially when you're just browsing around and every single jackasses page is pretty much spewing the most annoying song ever freaking made. I believe the worst was Lips of an Angel by Hinder.MySpace is dead to anyone past the age of 16, and a facelift isn't gonna save it.[/citation]
you know, i probably could've saved my fingers from having to type my message, cuz you basically summed it up for me

zaam

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2009
The ability to customize your myspace page is a good idea in theory but in practice almost all myspace pages look awful. With seemingly random background images all around and music that automatically plays without your permission. Reminds me of the old geocities websites people used to create eons ago, animated gifs and all.

G

The biggest problems with MySpace is the slow download times, bugs and viruses.
This is whats killing MySpace.
I enjoy being able to personalize my own page, something facebook does not offer.
Also facebook is having problems now with slow download times and bugs.

bamslang

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
Like others have said, customizable layouts were good, but were also what killed Myspace. I banned blacklisted myspace from my home computer when my GF got me my first virus in 3 years from going to "Free Myspace Layout" pages.

Not to mention how annoying it is to see some guy who just figured out wtf HTML is use all over his page and imbed 5 different videos that are set to autoplay.

This FREE message was brought to you by Bamslang. Click HERE to get your free messages.

G

[citation][nom]buddhav1[/nom]MySpace is dead to anyone past the age of 16, and a facelift isn't gonna save it.[/citation]

Nonsense! There's always the creepy 50+ age group too!

sailfish

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
Actually, this could work if handled properly. Murdock is a media magnate and MySpace already is specializing in music & band promotion. Adding video and other entertainment media may work for them. It certainly offers a more feasible path towards viable monetization than Facebook.

G

The new myspace s%$kS. It is not user friendly like the old myspace, in fact, it limits so much creativity and to change their brand? That is a mistake. They are going to lose their loyal followers, the ones who didn't jump ship when Facebook took over as the leading social networking site. Think of Coca-cola when they launched their new recipe, they gave their customers the option of sticking with the classic version. That proved to be more popular with consumers and the new version eventually faded from view. That's why myspace is going to lose the race in the social networking media. They just lost their classic appeal because they don't offer their loyal followers the choice of keeping what they had with the original. And forcing users to conform to their limited standards is not going to go over well. BAD MOVE Their loyal friends will be moving on. I give them to the end of the year to work it out, if they haven't fixed it, I'll be deleting my profile permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.