Mysterious "usa-aa.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/?grp=5" Appears

be92e

Estimable
Dec 27, 2014
A few days before Christmas, I launched Google Chrome and the link "usa-aa.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/?grp=5" appeared in the url.

While some people I've asked said not to fret since it takes you straight to Google anyway but this is an issue for me. I set up Chrome to open up specific startup pages and they were working just fine before the url showed up. Then all of a sudden the weird message pops up in the box and now it takes forever just for ONE page to pop up. The other startup pages doesn't bother to show up and when I check the settings, it's the same thing I put in with no change. The problem also seems to boil over into Explorer as well.

Is this a malware? How do I get rid of this?

Solution
You need to run full antivirus and malware scans. This is almost surely an infection and I wouldn't try using any other applications until you track it down and remove it. Use the information on this page to handle the infection:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/8263-63-simple-free-guide-removing-malware

If nothing is found after full virus and malware scans, use one of the rootkit scanners to make sure it's not deep in the system. If that comes up clean as well, go into your browser options and reset your homepage to it's original address and maybe check to see that no unwanted plugins or toolbars have been installed.
You need to run full antivirus and malware scans. This is almost surely an infection and I wouldn't try using any other applications until you track it down and remove it. Use the information on this page to handle the infection:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/8263-63-simple-free-guide-removing-malware

If nothing is found after full virus and malware scans, use one of the rootkit scanners to make sure it's not deep in the system. If that comes up clean as well, go into your browser options and reset your homepage to it's original address and maybe check to see that no unwanted plugins or toolbars have been installed.

Solution