N5010 Black Screen Problem - One more Investment to my Laptop :(

loveGamer

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
Hi All,

I am having a Dell Inspiron N5010 laptop which i had bought it in 2010.

Yesterday, When I was using it for surfing an internet, my cursor got struck and was not moving for few seconds.

After that, nothing appeared in the screen it was black and after few seconds I heard 8 Beep sounds.

I thought that restarting will help to resolve this problem.

So I restarted my laptop, and unforunately the beep sound came again and dint show anything on screen. I did try for few times but it doesn't work.

Please help me on how to resolve this problem and what are things that i need to do for the same.

Thanks in Advance,
loveGamer

lastMnM

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
I am having the same problem...very discouraging that this question hasn't been answered yet. Did you ever find out what was wrong? It has been suggested that the motherboard needs placing. Is that true?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

loveGamer

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
I tried asking the same question in lot of forums including Dell.

What I got finally is nothing, as this could be an issue for which most of the users are less aware of / or the people who are aware of the issue is not being online into these forums unfortunately.

So, I have given my laptop to a technical person (not from DELL) who looked into the problem and did some check on it.

He actually told me that it is a major board problem and it needs to be replaced. Currently, he doesn't have the spare parts to replace the board.

I think he will replace it once he get the new board :( and it may take 20 more days to fix it..

So, I said to myself that i would be buying a reputed laptop in future if am going to, so that i would get quicker response for the issues and also the help with same.

I will update you once I get my Laptop back..

Hi, if you can, try an external monitor, 8 beeps means maybe a problem with the LCD.

loveGamer

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013

This is not the best answer.. I am still trying to fix my laptop with 8 Beeps issue...it has different problems...The technical hardware guy is telling me that i have to replace my Board for sure..

loveGamer

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013

I am waiting to update this post once i get my Laptop Back. So that i can check with the techincal guy and ask the details to post here...still am typing this post from my DESKTOP PC...

loveGamer

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013

I did try it but it is not working..It sees like i need to change the board..