NAD c270 bee Lack of bass

mel_valkeneers

Prominent
Nov 6, 2017
Hey , so i have a little problem ...
I recently bought a set of b&w 685 S2 speakers , they sounded great in thé store but when i conected them at home to my Amp/reciever they showed a lack off bass , it's there but just not thé way i heard it in thé store .. so at first i thought that they were flawd ... But when i conected them to my friend's Onkyo Amp they sounded like they should ... This way i discoverd it was about thé cross-over settings... Only on my NAD Amp i have no idea how to set those settings ... My manual isn't of any help ... There is a bass and trebble knob but those don't have any effect ... So here is my cry for help ...

Your speakers have bi-wire speaker terminals. If the jumper plate that connects the upper and lower terminals is missing and you have connected your speaker wire to the upper pair then the woofer isn't connected at all.
If the plate is missing then you can replace it with some speaker wire. Some people feel that sounds better anyway.
http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/Downloads/Product/Manual/685-686-manual-600-Series.pdf