NASA Accidentally Sells Sensitive Data with PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
if NASA has sensitive info they should have just yanked the HDD's and set them under the launch pad in one of the exhaust vents for the last shuttle mission. but then again this info is probably about as old as the hundreds of 486 processors used in every shuttle dating back to columbia. talk about time for an upgrade!

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
What could be so sensitive from a Shuttle's computer? They are responsible to carry international spacemen to international space station and do repairs...

G

I'm sure the federal government will keep our national healthcare medical records safe and secure, and that none if it will wind up being used for identity theft and fraud... right....

makwy2

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
Ah... I remember the days when the people at NASA were so awesome they married genies and such... good times, I tell ya! Nowadays they cannot control their own info.

stevo777

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2008
Yeah, I heard on the TV news about this. The anchor was asking what would happen if the info fell into the wrong hands. Seems to me it was already in the wrong hands.

abhijeet1982

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
ha ha may by they found aliens on mars and had coffee with them or the shuttle carried those computer was rented to aliens for weekend

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
well when you consider that that arsenic based life form was a lie and that they are a government agency should we really be surprised that they cant keep track of their own crap?

G

American needs to get it's act together and tighten access to their sensitive technology and information. Billions of dollars in research only to have someones "accident" put it on the market. America has become a joke at how it is protecting their crucial data from outsiders and doesn't care because they think they can keep throwing trillions of new dollars more at new research and breakthroughs forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.