NASA Scientists Make Mice Float Using Magnets

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

homerhellboy223

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Only matter of time until they invent flying pigs![/citation]

You mean humans? Because if they can make a pig fly so can humans. After all, we are very similar.

taltamir

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
this isn't news, it has been known for years that a strong enough magnetic field levitates small animals, and was frequently being used. I saw a frog being levitated that way many years ago.

archange

Distinguished
May 7, 2007
[citation][nom]yodoso[/nom]So this is what they have been working on all this time. Where the "F" is their quantum physics books. Who the "F" is going to get us to another planet other than the moon at the speed of light with a minuscule amount of energy. I remember reading an article that said the current Rocket that gets us to the moon has the same cpu processing capabilities as the first Nintendo. Where are the new Ideas?[/citation]

Well, in this space neighborhood, Earthlings are just bad-tempered teenagers being grounded until coming of age. Sure, we may have skipped through the window in the sixties, gotten to the Moon and back, but since then, Mom and Dad have gotten a lot more vigilant :)
I'll be a while until we're allowed to play with the "grown-ups" :p

G

Couldn't you use opposed magnetic forces to cave the mouse in on itself? Like a dark mouse or perhaps a mouse hole?

Status
Not open for further replies.