Native Phone app for iPod

forgottensakes

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
How do i get the native phone app on my iPod (ios 5). I had edited the info.plist only to having facetime dissapper.If you guys can kindly help thatl be great

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
What's the point of having the phone app on the iPod touch? It wouldn't be functional anyways as it requires a cellular antenna in order to make or receive calls - it cannot and will not work via WiFi. There are other apps for WiFi calling, such as Viber and even TextPlus. Just search the app store for "voip" and you'll find plenty.

Also, the phone app isn't present on the iPod Touch firmware. It's kind of like how there's Windows 8, then Windows 8 Pro. They are both essentially the same, but the pro version has features non-existent in the standard version. This is how Apple does their firmware for iPhone/iPod. They are both virtually the same, except Apple removes apps the iPod can not physically use - such as the phone app. Therefor, it is impossible to have it "appear" by editing the software; it simply isn't included in that version of the OS.