Solved! NCH software safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 23, 2020
I recently downloaded videopad and voxal voice changer but I recently came across reddit posters that say to not install nch software. I instantly deleted both programs but then I read that NCH leaves a bunch of leftovers and I was wondering if letting those leftovers stay on my pc is safe? Should I remove them? And how can I?

Solution
is windows defender fine? I'm fine with leftovers of nch. Will I be fine if i leave it there?

windows defender is fine but it is always good to have a second opinion. The utility malwarebytes is a popular utility but it will not get rid of leftovers unless it is actually malware. I think it was suggested to help give you peace of mind in case you were still concerned. You can leave things as is if you want.

mejustsayin

Commendable
Oct 11, 2020
you can always do a system restore to a restore point just prior to the install. In general, just about all programs, when uninstalled, will leave traces. I would not worry about it.

There are registry cleaners out there that will claim they can remove all traces of uninstalled programs but, imo, they can do more harm than good,

mejustsayin

Commendable
Oct 11, 2020
is windows defender fine? I'm fine with leftovers of nch. Will I be fine if i leave it there?

windows defender is fine but it is always good to have a second opinion. The utility malwarebytes is a popular utility but it will not get rid of leftovers unless it is actually malware. I think it was suggested to help give you peace of mind in case you were still concerned. You can leave things as is if you want.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.