Need a college laptop for my sis!

Gameshire

Estimable
Mar 2, 2014
My sister needs a laptop for college.

1. What is your budget?
Ans: Less than 35,000 INR.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Ans: 13"-15"

3. What screen resolution do you want?
Ans: Anything

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Ans: As a portable device and not as a desktop replacement.

5. How much battery life do you need?
Ans: Long battery life is one of her priorities. Around 5 hours is good I guess.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Ans: No

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Ans: Mainly for browsing the net, making ppts and word files

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Ans: Anything

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Ans: Flipkart . But please do not limit the choices to the ones available on Flipkart. If the preferred laptop is not available on Flipkart then I will search for it outside.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Ans: At least for three years.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Ans: Need not be present

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Ans: Preferably Dell because I think we have better serviceability of Dell laptops here in Hyderabad, India. But please don't hesitate to post other laptops if they are better than Dell laptops for the price range.

13. What country do you live in?
Ans: Quite obvious by now I guess. India.

Thanks in advance. :)

Solution
Hi i would suggest you to go for Dell Inspiron 15
By having a look at your requirement, I advise you to go for Dell Inspiron 15, it has a 3rd Generation Intel core processor. It perfectly fits to your price range, It's for for Rs. 34499.
o The laptop has a display of : 15.6 inch HD LED Backlit Display
o Display resolution of 1366X768 pixels
o Window 7(Home basic) with 64 bit OS
o 4 GB DIMM DDR3 RAM
o Hard Drive of 500 GB
o Intel HD Graphics 4000
o Weighs 2.4 Kg
I always suggest people to go for dell laptop because of their processor and service and support facility.

IDontUnderstand

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
Will your sister be able to receive Wi-Fi constantly? If so, I highly highly recommend Chromebook. However, those ones on flipkart are so overpriced that you can save more by using international shipping from Amazon...which is what I recommend.

Chromebook will be an awesome choice, if there's constant Wi-Fi (or at least most of the time), if the user is alright without installing a lot of Windows software. I'll get into the advantage if you think she qualifies from all of the above.

hemanigill

Estimable
Feb 19, 2014
Hi i would suggest you to go for Dell Inspiron 15
By having a look at your requirement, I advise you to go for Dell Inspiron 15, it has a 3rd Generation Intel core processor. It perfectly fits to your price range, It's for for Rs. 34499.
o The laptop has a display of : 15.6 inch HD LED Backlit Display
o Display resolution of 1366X768 pixels
o Window 7(Home basic) with 64 bit OS
o 4 GB DIMM DDR3 RAM
o Hard Drive of 500 GB
o Intel HD Graphics 4000
o Weighs 2.4 Kg
I always suggest people to go for dell laptop because of their processor and service and support facility.

Solution