Need a copy of Gateway restore disk [4] 7322gz v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabo35

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
This Gateway laptop is 3 years old when I was in need to recover the hard drive with the restore disks supplied with the computer. Upon using the disks I found that the disks would not complete the installation after many tries.
I took it to Best Buy and they did a hardware diagnostic check and found that the hardware passed and that the recovery disks where bad. They re installed the operating system [Windows xp home edition] and now I am up and running at a cost of $69.00. I contacted Gateway and after 43 min on hold they told me they could send out another set for $19.00. I said ok and they transferred me to the sales department and was on hold for another 35 min. I gave up.

Anyone that can help me with this would be greatly appreciated

Ron

frozenlead

Distinguished
Simply torrent an OEM version of the Windows version you require, then burn it to a disc, and reinstall Windows with the CD key you find on the base of your laptop. Download drivers for the unit from Gateway's website. Total cost - $0. Enjoy.

tabo35

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
Thanx frozenhead for the help; so I find someone who has a copy of my os which is windows XP and when needed load it whith the key on the lable on the bottom of my laptop, I then go to the Gateway site and load the drivers for this laptop---GREAT. One other question,when I go for the drivers do I have to know what drivers I need such as keyboard,mousepad ext or can I simply ID this laptop by s/n or maybe model

tabo35

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
Thanx dwellan---I have a Gateway Laptop model#7322gz, s/# rh48365070255. Another question would be do you recoment a torrent site to download the XP OS. I went to a number of them but was reluctant to downoad for fear of bad download.

Status
Not open for further replies.