Need a Desktop Mic (Considereing the ModMic) (Gaming, ~$50)

pumear

Estimable
Sep 30, 2014
Just got a brand new pair of headphones, the ATH-M50X's, which sound incredible. Before that I was rocking a Razer Megalodon, which were good, but had really muddy mids and too much bass for my liking.

Now that I'm moving over to the ATH-M50X's, I'll need another mic for gaming and chatting with my friends. The mic doesn't have to be fantastic, but I definitely don't want a super low budget mic or bulky.

My budget is ~$50. I have been eyeing the ModMic which seems near perfect, but my only worry with it is how stupid it may look with that base clasp on if I go to a friends or I wear it on the bus.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
the modmic is a good product and certainly is convenient. there arent many add on boom mics to choose from and its likely the nicest.

the knub when its removed is small and is black so it will not stand out much. its not that big of a deal.
the modmic is a good product and certainly is convenient. there arent many add on boom mics to choose from and its likely the nicest.

the knub when its removed is small and is black so it will not stand out much. its not that big of a deal.

Solution