Need a gaming laptop I can finance

CBriere

Estimable
Apr 25, 2014
I'm considering buying one of the Alienware laptops from DELL. Probably leaning towards either the 17 or 18 to give an idea of a budget range. Though I have no solid choice in mind yet.

The main reason I'm considering the Alienware is they are obviously known for their gaming performance and I know the brand is part of the price tag. But they offer financing I was wondering if there are any other reputable brands that offer this?

g-unit1111

Distinguished
Actually Alienware's stated gaming performance is ridiculously overrated. Ever since the Dell buyout several years ago they just haven't been the same manufacturer. The financing option is nice but from an accounting standpoint if you have payments on your PC for like $200 a month with no down payment, you will be overpaying on your PC when all is said and done because of the interest accumulated. It's definitely better to pay up front depending on how much you want to spend. The bad thing about the 17 and 18 inch laptops is that they're huge and heavy and not easily transportable. I would suggest something like the MSI GS60 or the Lenovo Y510P personally.

Tibbs01

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
One thing to consider is Dell's interest rates are ridiculously high even if you have good credit. If financing a purchase is your only other option then I would certainly recommend trying to obtain a low interest credit card or even a credit line from your bank or credit union to make the purchase with and it will also let you purchase it from the vendor of your choice where you can probably find a laptop with better performance for less money.