Need a laptop with about 8 or more hours of battery life but can still play games?

I think laptops will be pretty limited if you want to game on it, and have it last 8+ hours of battery life.

Quick suggestion would be to look at Lenovo's as I believe their newer models can actually switch the batteries without having to power down.

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/y-series/y50-uhd/

gianni35011

Estimable
May 19, 2015

Thankyou, I'll definitely look at the lenovo laptop. I probably should've included that I don't need a laptop that can play games for 8 hours, just a laptop that can last 8 hours doing work related things (Word documents and browsing) but when I get home still has the performance to run games while charging. Something like Alienwares Amplifier would of been perfect if it could work with other laptops.

Ah, that changes things a little bit then.

Realistically, any gaming laptop will have limited battery life as the majority of the components will be running in some way at all/most times.

Something you can game on at any decent level will struggle to meet 8+ hours battery life for work purposes - it's built for performance, not battery life.

Given your budget, take a look at Sager Notebooks. I'm trying to justify buying one myself at the moment. Pricewise it seems to be the best "bang for your buck" and, with the money left over, grab a couple of extract battery packs & you'd be sorted!