Need a little help

Oct 28, 2018
I need a little help. Far from a wiz with a smartphone. I got a new iPhone replacing my Samsung SM-S120VL. I'd like to make use of my old Samsung but can't figure out how. How do I find out if it's locked or unlocked? I see cheap pay-as-you-go plans from Walmart but I have no idea what type of service carrier it supports. It originally was from Safelink which I think was Tracfone.

Solution
If you lost the phone, then it really wouldn't matter if it is carrier/service provider locked or not. You would/should, however, make sure to report it stolen/lost to the carrier/service provider so they don't keep allowing service to it. Then they should also let you put your service on another phone. If you don't tell them, then they can't help.
Oct 28, 2018

Thanks for the reply and the info. Is there a way to tell if the phone is locked? I lost the phone I received from Safelink so I bought a new one from a local store.

If you lost the phone, then it really wouldn't matter if it is carrier/service provider locked or not. You would/should, however, make sure to report it stolen/lost to the carrier/service provider so they don't keep allowing service to it. Then they should also let you put your service on another phone. If you don't tell them, then they can't help.

Solution