Need a new laptop and have a few major questions! Please help!

WingraMax

Estimable
Jul 26, 2015
I find myself needing a new laptop, for my old one has a broken screen. The cost of repairing the screen will be almost as much as I paid for the laptop, and I am on a very tight budget. I See myself with a few options here, so please tell me what you think is the best choice.
1. Scrap the old laptop for parts and buy an older, used, laptop and install an SSD in it.
2. Scrap the old laptop for parts and buy a cheap netbook.

My budget is <$125 and I am looking for a laptop that can do internet surfing and Netflix. I will be putting an SSD in it, for boot speeds on 5400RPM laptop drives are terrible.

Im looking at a laptop with similar specs to this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X220-Laptop-Core-i5-2nd-Gen-2-5GHz-12-1-LCD-4GB-320GB-HDD-Win-10-/191982205046?hash=item2cb307f876:g:XHcAAOSw8w1X6~31

Basically anything that has 4GB+ RAM, 2.5" Drive support, and be EASY TO SERVICE MYSELF.

Thank you for your opinions!

Solution
So get the one you linked, a X220 for that price is pretty good, usually the X201 is about that price. There are hundreds of used systems on ebay and craigslist to find.

I'd just get a working used good model, Lenovo T and X models are very good.
So get the one you linked, a X220 for that price is pretty good, usually the X201 is about that price. There are hundreds of used systems on ebay and craigslist to find.

I'd just get a working used good model, Lenovo T and X models are very good.

Solution