Need a Tablet for a Job....

Greed Davis

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
So i'm gonna be going into training as a cable/internet installation technician and im required to have a laptop or tablet. I decided a tablet would be more reasonable but i'm not sure what tablets are good. The requirement is that it be an android tablet. I don't want to spend a lot (willing to buy one used from amazon) but if i ever leave the job i dont want to have to post it on craigslist because all it was good for was my job. : / Anyone wanna help me tablet shop? trying to keep it under $75. Around $60 would be good (and i know that makes it a little tougher but like i said, a used one is fine). Thank you to anyone who took the time to read this and a special thanks to those who took the time to give me advice or post links.

G

The Galaxy Tab 3 8" works good for me if you can live with Samsung's typical Bloatware. It costs $272.16. There is a 7" version which is slightly cheaper, around $230. The Tab 3 is very lightweight and incredibly thin.

Tab specs
1.5GHZ CPU
1.5GB RAM
16GB Storage
Android 4.2.2
8" LCD Super clear screen

You won't get a good tablet for around $60, unless it is used and is either Grade B or Grade C (Grade a is best). If I were you, I'd give myself a bigger budget around $200 but if you have other things to spend your money on or if you cannot afford it I can understand.

If you've got any friends or family that have Android Tablets which they do no longer need (which actually fuction!) I would ask them. I don't see why you don't want a laptop , Chromebooks are very cheap. The cheapest one is an Acer C720 which is $340.20. You can only use Internet apps though. What do you need to run on your tablet/laptop for work?

Greed Davis

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013

Problem is I have to also buy tools and a truck or suv for the job so i cant increase the budget. We have a program called I & R that we use.

Greed Davis

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013

Most others i've met use laptops. I dont have money for one. They said any Android tablet will do.

G

When you say "Android" thatr is just the Operating System of the tablet, like Windows in an operating system on PC's. There are so many android tablets out there you need to ask your employer what specific model they use.
Have a look at the Ampe A76 7" Android. It costs $60.29. I've included a link for you to visit the site