Need advice on broken laptop

Greyfalcon

Estimable
May 10, 2015
Hi!
Im not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes...

My Lenovo laptop broke down one and a half month before its warranty was about to expire. I rushed to the local service center and they called me up a month later saying the motherboard, hard disk and keyboard were damaged and they had replaced them. Now I didnt have time to get it back from them before the warranty expired as I was busy with some things.

I finally got the laptop back and it turned on properly (as not booting up was the problem i was experiencing before) and that is all I checked as i thought brand new components wouldnt have any problems. I didnt use it until a few days later and I found out that the cpu temperature reaches 100 C within a few minutes and the laptop shuts down automatically. Now the cpu actually didnt get hot at all. Just the sensors showed the temperatures to be that hot as the air from the exhaust wasnt really cool.

I gave the laptop back and they took a lot of time to finally tell me that the motherboard was faulty and told me to come and take it back as they cant repair it.

So what do I do now? It means that they had replaced my motherboard with another faulty motherboard when it was still under warranty and now I am left with a broken laptop even when I had given it to them when the warranty was still valid, Isnt it their fault?

Is there any hope that Lenovo would do something in this matter if I contact some higher authority?

jaslion

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

I mean contacting lenovo about this can't hurt since they messed up a repair. However it's rare for them to actually repair it then free of charge. Unless you have some costumer protection agency that can help you it will be time to cough up the money for the board or get a new laptop (depends if the laptop you have is worth the usual 250$+ price you pay for an out of warranty repair).

Rdslw

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017
They replaced the MOBO it should appear in warranty book, I think you have 14 days to check and if it never worked, this means they failed to repair and should do it again as original time of your requests still is in power. It might be hard for you to prove it if more than month passed.

Greyfalcon

Estimable
May 10, 2015

No dude. It isnt worth that much at all. I was going to actually sell a few months ago before it fried. Spending more money on it doesnt make sense if I dont get anything back....:(

Greyfalcon

Estimable
May 10, 2015

I guess I shouldnt have been so lazy the first time! They said they replaced the whole thing with new parts so I didnt doubt anything. Big mistake. Its been two months now.