Question Need an automatic way to trigger a scene

Nov 5, 2020
I have replaced all outlets in a home in south Florida with Geeni CURRENT + CHARGE Smart Wi-Fi Wall Outlets. With these outlets, each "plug" can be controlled separately or the entire outlet as one.

Because of the frequent power outages in south Florida, the home has an whole home generator which kicks on after the main power is lost for 15 seconds.

Several items are plugged into APC battery backups, which are plugged into the Geeni outlets, to "stay on" during this 15 second interval.

However, and here is the issue I need help with, the Geeni outlets do not return to the previous power state after a loss of power. So, if the plug/outlets was "on" (providing power to the item plugged in to it....like the battery backup) before the power outage, it will come back online in the "off" state once power is restored (literally 15 seconds later).

I have created a scene in the Geeni app, accessible via Alexa also, to "power all plugs" that I use to turn back on all the outlets after restoration of power.

What I am looking to find/do is automate the activation of that scene. I know I could set up multiple routines in the Amazon Alexa app to "run" the scene every 30 minutes or so, but seems like overkill. What I'm trying to figure out is how to create something that would work in either Alexa, smartthings, IFFF, or similar that would "see" that something (anything) loss power or connectivity and then, when that happens, wait 20-30 seconds and then run/trigger the "power all outlets" scene.

Any ideas? Thank you for your help and advice.

mejustsayin

Commendable
Oct 11, 2020
unless the app has a previous power state setting, I am not sure this will work. One issue is going to be your router/modem. How long does it take for them to kick back on and reset before you would even have a home network again?