Solved! Need decent docking station for Dell Lattitude 7480

i6pwr

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010
So I've tried to research this, even calling Dell, I'm getting conflicting reports.

Dell says I can use the USB3 port, but the website says only the WD or TD docks, wireless or thunderbolt.

What docking stations could I use for two HD monitors with this laptop?

Anything other than Dell?

What are the better docks?

Thanks.

Solution
My office makes extensive use of Dell docking stations (in the 1000s). They are quite reliable and trustworthy.

The other 3rd party solutions may work fine as well, particularly for the uses you describe. With those, I have less knowledge (we did have some HP devices that we decided not to deploy after some less than stellar beta testing with a small group of users).

i6pwr

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010
Just going off the reviews, it seems the Dell offerings have very mixed reviews.

I'm just going to need to run 2 HD monitors for work, and mouse/keyboard.

Do I have to use the Dell docking stations only?

I'm fine with purchasing the Dell stations, just looking for some more trusted input.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
My office makes extensive use of Dell docking stations (in the 1000s). They are quite reliable and trustworthy.

The other 3rd party solutions may work fine as well, particularly for the uses you describe. With those, I have less knowledge (we did have some HP devices that we decided not to deploy after some less than stellar beta testing with a small group of users).

Solution

i6pwr

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010
The only issue I was seeing is that the 3rd parry stations will not work, as the 7480 cannot make use of the docking statjons through the USB 3 ports.....only the usb c