Need Droid Assistance

ImPrettyIrish

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
I have the Droid DNA and I am signed into google on it. I think I need to do a factory reset. My question is, is there a way to back up the storage so i dont have to re-download anything? How?

ImPrettyIrish

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013

Well, the SIM card is not being read. Therefore, I cannot make any calls. Not even 911. If I get a new SIM card will my data be erased?

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
If the phone is rooted I could walk you through doing a full system backup via ADB. But, if you don't know Linux commands there's a good chance you could mess your phone up in the process.

Best off getting the opinion of Verizon first. Maybe your SIM card got damaged somehow, or the reader itself inside the phone. A single bent pin can mean it won't detect the card in the slot, let alone read it.

ImPrettyIrish

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013

I'm sure it's the SIM card AND the tray. It wasn't reading it at all but then it said it wasn't a valid SIM. Then it started working again but sure enough, 3 seconds later, it stopped working. My phone is not rooted, sadly, but I am going to the Verizon store today, hopefully and getting a new tray/SIM.

ImPrettyIrish

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013

Haha, I was just looking at that... http://www.mobilebloom.com/htc-droid-dna-android-4-4-kitkat-release-details-announced/2243896/

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
I totally called that. :p

Glad to hear they were able to help you out. The carriers here (in the land of maple syrup and hockey) would more than likely have tried to come up with some sort of scenario where you were at fault and refused to do anything about it.

I once sent a phone in to Bell Mobility for warranty after the WiFi antenna failed - they sent it back saying there was water damage, when I knew for a fact there was not. Modern electronics have small stickers on internal components that change color when wet. Phones usually have one on the battery, and one underneath, as well as one inside the casing. Mine were all white when the phone went in, all red when it came back. So I assume they dabbed all the stickers with a damp q-tip or something to avoid loss on fulfilling a warranty claim.