Need good laptop

ilikeberrypie

Estimable
Jul 28, 2014
So I'm starting college in a couple weeks and I'm looking for a good laptop that will be able to run all programs needed for college and be able to play games at times. I'm willing to spend around $1500 but, the less I spend the better. That being said I do not want some cheap laptop that will fall apart/run slow in a year or two. Please help me out here.

Solution

The GTX 970M is one of the most powerful mobile GPUs on the market. It should make quick work of the vast majority of games at high to ultra settings, except for a few of the newest games which should still be quite playable at medium settings in a worst-case scenario. MSI is also well known for their quality gaming laptops.

You could easily get away with only 8GB of RAM, but of course no harm in getting 16GB. Just a bit of...

ilikeberrypie

Estimable
Jul 28, 2014

Well any games really.. Don't have to be played on high/ultra at 60fps.. Don't really care about that. Just as long as games like gta5, skyrim, etc. can run and will not lag.

I found this but I don't know if it is good. could you check for me? :D

The GTX 970M is one of the most powerful mobile GPUs on the market. It should make quick work of the vast majority of games at high to ultra settings, except for a few of the newest games which should still be quite playable at medium settings in a worst-case scenario. MSI is also well known for their quality gaming laptops.

You could easily get away with only 8GB of RAM, but of course no harm in getting 16GB. Just a bit of overkill (says the guy with 32GB of RAM, LOL).

Solution

ilikeberrypie

Estimable
Jul 28, 2014

I'm gonna go ahead and get it. Thank you very much for all the help!