manuwarhussain

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
Hello folks. I needed some help.
My PC has a WD Caviar Green 2TB HDD. I filled it up to 1350 GB out of the total 1863 GB. But there's a problem. I have been using avast free antivirus from about 4 years and from the last month till now, I haven't updated it. A week ago, I went to a cyber cafe and downloaded some stuff. I think they may contain viruses but still I brought them home and copied it on my HDD.
Now, whenever I try to copy anything even within my own HDD, the speed of copying comes out to be 200 to 900 KB/s and so. It has been very annoying. Also while I was surfing on the web, I got some security messages asking 'Yes' or 'No' without any text written as the question. I think maybe its the problem of a virus. I have a bit slow PC so I am unable to scan my whole PC for viruses but I scanned my C: drive but didn't find anything. Maybe someone could help me out of this. Please...

Solution
Yes, you have an unwanted program on your computer, and that is creating this scam. This scam program will try to create a situation whereby it makes you think that you have a virus even though in some cases you do not have a virus. That is why an avti-virus program will not find any virus.

First, download and run "Spybot - Search & Destroy" - this is a free program and it is reliable. Next, go to 'Control Panel' and look at all the installed programs. If you see a program that you do not recognize and if you are sure that it is the problem, uninstall it. Restart the computer.

Run anti-virus programs on all hard disks. Restart the computer. (Restarting is very important, and do not skip this step).
Yes, you have an unwanted program on your computer, and that is creating this scam. This scam program will try to create a situation whereby it makes you think that you have a virus even though in some cases you do not have a virus. That is why an avti-virus program will not find any virus.

First, download and run "Spybot - Search & Destroy" - this is a free program and it is reliable. Next, go to 'Control Panel' and look at all the installed programs. If you see a program that you do not recognize and if you are sure that it is the problem, uninstall it. Restart the computer.

Run anti-virus programs on all hard disks. Restart the computer. (Restarting is very important, and do not skip this step).

Solution
Spybot search and destroy was a good program 7-10 years ago. Not even close to handling today's threats.

What you want is Malwarebytes. Download that and install to pc and scan. If your PC is as slow as you say then you may need to perform the scan in safe mode.

After that it sounds like your pc is likely in serious need of some maintenance and you should use CCleaner and disk defragmenter.

manuwarhussain

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014

Okay I'll try that and update later. Thanks...