Need Help. Changed settings on my remote I have no sound.

RandyD

Estimable
Dec 14, 2015
I have a Harmony 650 remote that works my cable box and my Panasonic Blu-Ray and sound surround. Somehow I have changed some settings on the remote now I don't have any sound. Please Help !!!!!!!!!

Solution
If the surround sound is not powered on turn it on from the front panel and see if you get sound.
Most Harmony remotes have a help button that will walk you through finding out what is not right. SInce most of them work by IR which is line of sight it is very easy to not have the remote aimed when a command is transmitted from it.

RandyD

Estimable
Dec 14, 2015

Best Buy came and setup the remote. It was a new Remote. I don't know how it was setup. Thank You for the fast response.

Don't use the remote, check the settings on the devices themselves, it' snot a remote issue, you either muted something or you changed an input or output on the surround sound system or the TV.

If the surround sound is not powered on turn it on from the front panel and see if you get sound.
Most Harmony remotes have a help button that will walk you through finding out what is not right. SInce most of them work by IR which is line of sight it is very easy to not have the remote aimed when a command is transmitted from it.

Solution

RandyD

Estimable
Dec 14, 2015

RandyD

Estimable
Dec 14, 2015
Thanks. After the 2 answers I started checking wires and found that my fiber optic was loose on the TV. Pushed it in and to my surprise I had sound. Thank you for the fast response to my problem.

Fixing a lose cable should not be a surprise that sound came back LOL, we were working on the info that you changed some settings with the remote. Those things should be clicked in where they don't fall out on their own, is the wire in place OK? You may have a broken door on the optical port.