Need help choosing a netbook or laptop.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Hi, I am looking forwad to buying a new netbook for college, but i fear that most netbooks are all crap with atom craps and 1gb memory. So when i started looking for a laptop, I found some really good cheap laptops, but they weigh in at 6 lbs and are too big nd low battery duration. So i went to find a netbookwith good battery and big muscles. And I stuimbled upon the Acer Timeline tz1810t-8679

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-Timeline-AS1810T-8679-11-6-Inch/dp/B002P8M6F2/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=pc&qid=1256848824&sr=1-10
It looks great with an ulv core 2 duo and 4 gigs ram and big harddrive, small and light, high res screen and super long 8 hour battery. But does anyody think $600 for it is a little bit overboard. It wont cost me much since im paying it with scholarship money, but I still gotta have some left over for gas.

Any recomendations will come in handy. Plz, I am looking for comfort overall, I already carry around college with 15 pounds on my back.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Hello all THG members :) Hope you are all fine.
Well I though it would be good to write a FAQ for people to fill in before posting in the laptop section, in order to help others to answer questions more accurately and thus hopefully better.
So please copy and paste these questions in the thread that you want to start, and we will answer them there.

1_What is your budget?
anything to $600

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
small

3_What screen resolution do you want?
any

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
portable

5_How much battery life do you need?
long

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
maybe some old games

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
music, videos, college, some games

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
any 160 over

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.
any

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
until it dies

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
none or dvd

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
any

13_What country do you live in?
puerto rico, USA

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.
http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-Timeline-AS1810T-8679-11-6-Inch/dp/B002P8M6F2/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=pc&qid=1256848824&sr=1-10
is this worth the money.I like it a lot.any recommendations will be great.

TRENDING THREADS