Need Help Connecting Soundbar!

Thisisridiculous9999

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017
PLEASE HELP! Having no sound when connecting soundbar. Must be doing something wrong, or need more equipment. Need help connecting Axess 2.1 Sound Bar with Subwoofer Model No SBBR1211 to Samsung 1080P Smart TV. I connected the red and white in back of TV and used both the line plug and input and Aux plug and input and I got nothing. Please help - so frustrated. I am passed the return date on this iten that Best Buy did not help me make my purchase with

Thisisridiculous9999

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017

I'm not at home so needed to wait for text to come through. Thank you for your help. I hope this is right UN32j5205 Samsung

kanewolf

Judicious
Based on that model number, the TV has a 3.5mm analog audio output and a digital audio output.

I think the model number of the sound bar is SBBT1211 rather than SBBR1211 since the later didn't return any info...

Since the soundbar has only analog inputs, you will have to use the 3.5mm jack on the back of the TV to connect. I can't tell from the Alexess manual what type of connections are on the back of the soundbar. I can't find a picture on the web that shows the inputs. But, you will have to use the 3.5mm on the TV to the appropriate connection on the soundbar.

Thisisridiculous9999

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017
I know, this is crazy. I can't believe I purchased I purchased a product that literally has no information for connecting. The back of the sound bar has the plug that goes to the subwoofer and then a plug for Line In or Aux with the wires provided being red and white for the back of the TV. Does that help to provide me more info. Sorry, I'm so confused

Thisisridiculous9999

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017
Well, silly me had a tech guy at work send this to me and before I got sent down a shady patch. I wanted to run it passed you. Glad I did! I have to go to pick up the cable adapter you sent. When I do, I'm not understanding how the wires will connect - can you you break it down a little more for me?

kanewolf

Judicious
Based on the model number you gave me, I think the back of the TV looks like this
j5200-inputs-back-large.jpg

The square with the circle at the top is where you plug in the cable I linked. That will provide female red/white RCA jacks that the cable from the sound bar can plug into.

Thisisridiculous9999

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017
Turns out the wires you were referring me to came with the soundbar. Problem is they would not work with my TV Connections - I would have to purchase a converter at $100 in which I might as well buy a new sound bar. Luckily, Best Buy took that piece of junk back and allowed me to get a soundbar that works with my TV. Thanks for your help, just wanted to get back to you. Have a great week!