Need help deciding on waiting for haswell ultrabooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

zx10r

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013
I am somewhat torn on purchasing an ultrabook now or waiting for haswell. My two choices for ultabooks are Samsung series 9 or Asus Zenbook ux51vz.

The primary use for them is programing.

Any idea on this? I am thinking haswell will not be mature in at least a year afer release and no good ultrabooks released right of the start. I am spending a bit more on the laptops above so i think i will not be that far behind in specs for some time.

Thanks.

Solution
Haswell is supposed to be released later in 2013, but I wouldn't buy for at least 2-3 months after release.
The specs on the machines are spectacular, Haswell is supposed to become more power efficient, and one of the prerequisites for Haswell ultrabooks is going to be a touchscreen (they're trying to push the convertible notebook/tablet idea)
Personally, I'd go ahead and get the Zenbook, I've been rendering/programming on a 720qm for a few years- still works fine.

The main advantages of Haswell is going to be power efficiency. If 3% more battery life is all that more important to you- I'd wait.

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Haswell is supposed to be released later in 2013, but I wouldn't buy for at least 2-3 months after release.
The specs on the machines are spectacular, Haswell is supposed to become more power efficient, and one of the prerequisites for Haswell ultrabooks is going to be a touchscreen (they're trying to push the convertible notebook/tablet idea)
Personally, I'd go ahead and get the Zenbook, I've been rendering/programming on a 720qm for a few years- still works fine.

The main advantages of Haswell is going to be power efficiency. If 3% more battery life is all that more important to you- I'd wait.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.