Solved! Need help deciding what gaming laptop to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2020
I need help deciding on what gaming laptop to get. This is going to be my first gaming laptop and I want it to be right one, even though I have been doing alot of research on this im still not 100% sure what to get. Please and thank you for any suggestions.

Solution
I'll start you here:

Take a look and then let us know if this lacks anything you desire. Your budget allows you a very wide choice of options.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I'll start you here:

Take a look and then let us know if this lacks anything you desire. Your budget allows you a very wide choice of options.

Solution

Jetster

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2012
In that budget range I strongly encourage to look at 2 laptops...The 2020 HP Omen Gaming Laptop with Nvidia 1660ti and 144hz display and the Lenovo Legion 5 with Nvidia1660TI or 2060 and 144hz display (Don't get the 120Hz displays...too DIM and not color accurate). These are both quite capable and are a great value. The great thing with both of these laptops are that they are upgradeable (2 RAM slots and 2 SSD slots). So if needed you can start with a minimal config (8gb RAM, 512GB Storage) and upgrade as you need. The Legion 5 will even take a SATA SSD if you need lots of storage but don't want to break the bank. Look for BlackFriday sales. The downside with these systems is that they aren't the lightest (5lbs-ish) and the battery life is not that great (4-5hrs for productivity stuff and 2hrs-ish for gaming).

I'd suggest that you look at some YouTube Reviewers (e.g., Jarrod's Tech) to see what they have to say.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.