Solved! Need help figuring out which receiver to get for my surround sound?

May 20, 2019
I have a Sony SS-WSB123 Subwoofer, 4 SS-TSB122 SPEAKERS, as well as one SS-CTB122 speaker and I'm having trouble figuring out what receiver to get to hook them up to my TCL 43S421 tv. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Your problem is that HTS packages (like the one those speakers came from) rarely come with self powered subwoofers. The sub amp is in the main unit.
AVRs never have subwoofer amps built in.
You will need to get an AVR and either an amplifier for that sub or a self powered subwoofer. I would get a new self powered subwoofer.
If you are not going to upgrade those speakers in the near future than I would not go for anything more than an entry level AVR. Onkyo and Yamaha are pretty good at that price point.
Your problem is that HTS packages (like the one those speakers came from) rarely come with self powered subwoofers. The sub amp is in the main unit.
AVRs never have subwoofer amps built in.
You will need to get an AVR and either an amplifier for that sub or a self powered subwoofer. I would get a new self powered subwoofer.
If you are not going to upgrade those speakers in the near future than I would not go for anything more than an entry level AVR. Onkyo and Yamaha are pretty good at that price point.

Solution