Need help to choose between those two Laptops!

Solution
Most laptops do have dual channel ram, it may be that the manufacturer chose to only utilise one of them (a common trick they use is to offer the same model but with the extra ram and charge over the top for it). Either which way laptop ram replacement is easy, and 4gb will be fine for general use anyway.

As far as the battery cells go, more cells does mean more battery life. So the 6 cell will last an estimated hour longer than the 4 cell. But a lot factors into battery life. Have a look at the CPU comparison again and see which CPU drew the most power. That may give you insight into the batteries.

Finally, battery usage is always going to be an issue with laptops so its not advisable to choose one or the other based on that alone...

angelfrost

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
Hi thank you very much for your time, well as you said the main difference is the cpu for the 2000 series.Does the i3 is good enough for simple work or should i go fro the i5?

BennyJi

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
The i3 is good enough for simple stuff.

It will struggle on high cpu intensive tasks however. Then again, the i5 is unlikely to perform much better at the same high intensive tasks.

A nice easy comparison between the two can be found here:

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-3230M-vs-Intel-Core-i3-3110M

As it states, the i5 is the better cpu but not by alot.

For that reason, i would say the HP 15-d012sv is better all round as it offers a comparable CPU aswell as more storage and a GPU.

Regards

angelfrost

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013

You are right!I have 2 concerns though.
My first concern (I'm not good with laptops so i have a guestion that it might be strange),as you see has 4 giga ram in one dimm,why is that?I mean no dual channel in laptops?
And second i see a difference in battery 4 cell for i3 ,and 6 cells for i5 will this make any defference?

Thank you in advance!

BennyJi

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
Most laptops do have dual channel ram, it may be that the manufacturer chose to only utilise one of them (a common trick they use is to offer the same model but with the extra ram and charge over the top for it). Either which way laptop ram replacement is easy, and 4gb will be fine for general use anyway.

As far as the battery cells go, more cells does mean more battery life. So the 6 cell will last an estimated hour longer than the 4 cell. But a lot factors into battery life. Have a look at the CPU comparison again and see which CPU drew the most power. That may give you insight into the batteries.

Finally, battery usage is always going to be an issue with laptops so its not advisable to choose one or the other based on that alone. Both will give you a good few hours of use before requiring charge

Solution

angelfrost

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013

Thank you very much!