Need Help Updating Samsung Note 2 to Android 4.3

awesomesauwce

Honorable
Nov 10, 2013
I have an unlocked AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 running 4.1.2 baseband version I317UCAMH3 and cant update to Android 4.3. I called AT&T and Samsung because my phone will not update OTA or via kies. AT&T said that because I don't have an AT&T Sim card, I can't update my phone. I read that the Android 4.3 is available for my phone, and AT&T said to take my phone to a Samsung booth at a local Best Buy and see if I could update it there. There were updates, but they just changed my baseband version to what I have now (I317UCAMH3). My question is, is there any way to get the Android 4.3 update for my phone? Should I be patient and wait for Best Buy to get an update, or should I put another person's AT&T Sim card in my phone, update it, and then remove it? Thanks.

inzone

Splendid
Your phone may be eligible for the update but with the way updates work you need a service contract with a carrier to access the update.
Google makes the update and then passes it to the carriers for them to convert it to their system and then they release it to their customers.
You would have to find a version of the update that could be downloaded from the internet and it may or may not be free.

A site like this one can be a source for finding it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/