Question Need help with audio connection

Jan 1, 2020
I cant figure out my audio for my new tv. I replaced a Spectre 46" 4k which had crap internal speakers. I had to get a HDMI to analog converter that would connect to my OLD Sony surround sound system. We just got a 65" LG to replace it but the connection doesn't work the same. I bought a Optical cable thinking that might work but it didn't. The speakers on the 65 are really good but not Marvel movie good. LOL

TV: 65" LG 65um69
Converter: J-Tech Digital model JTDAT5CH
Surround: Sony SAVA-500

The JTECH unit has both optical and HDMI input and HDMI and RCA out. I need the RCA to connect to the Sony unit.

That converter doesn't seem to support HDMI-ARC so it won't work for you. It's not an optical to analog converter either.
To get the best sound an optical to 5.1 analog converter is the way to go.
TV should be set to bitsteam audio so the converter can provide a 6 analog outputs to connect to the multichannel inputs on the speaker.
Plan b would be to use an optical to analog converter since there's no advantage to using HDMI-ARC.
You may have to turn the optical output on, the TV speakers off, and change the audio type from bitstream to PCM in the TV audio menu.
If you can't change to PCM stereo you will need a DAC that accepts a 5.1 input.