Need help with buying a Media Center

themike

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2007
I am currently shopping for a Media Center. But this is getting very complex... Now, if I would be ready to spend 350$ on this, it would be simple and I would buy the Eureka LX350HD N. I am looking for something in the 100-150$ price range. Now, this is where it gets complicated, here's the things I absolutely need this media player to do:

1 - It must read divx/xvid/DVD backups (IFO/VOB)
2 - It must play MP3 and display JPEG
3 - It need to connect to a computer, Ethernet (RJ45) would be awesome, I could also go with USB. If it does everything except that and is really not expensive, I could go with something that doisent connect to a computer, but can read from a USB flash drive (I have a corsair voyager 8 GIG)
4 - This one makes it very hard.... I need the 6 analog RCA outputs (no, it really need to be the 6 analog RCA, I can't do it with optical or Coaxial Digital)
5 - I dont want something that need a media center PC or media center software on the PC, I want something that will totally handle the video/audio on it's own.

Now, the "would really be nice to have"

It would be very good if it could take a hard drive, ideally S-ATA
It would also be nice if it could handle USB devices such as a USB Drive, a DVD Drive if it dosent come with one integrated, a memory card reader, a USB Hard Disk, etc.

and the "would be nice to have"

Something with a USB port that can handle a USB HUD in order to be able to connect 3-4 USB devices
Wireless N
preferably DVI output, may also be D-SUB

Now, I have searched, many real media center with network connections are expensive and dosent have the 6 analog RCA outputs for audio. I also looked at devices more similar to DVD players like RJTech's players, but they dont connect to a computer... I am trying to look for other media center, but.... without luck so far, anyone can help.

p.s. I am in Canada, so there may be some stuff available to you guys in the US that I can't have here.