Need help with finding a laptop!

Skozy

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013
Hello! I am going to college in the fall and want to upgrade my laptop for gaming. I want to play games like runescape DayZ and Payday on higher settings but do not want to dish out too much money. My budget is 700-1200. I was looking at the Y510p and the Y50 as well as the MSI GE70.

Solution
Hi,

If you're considering a MSI GE70, I've configured one for you (http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/MSI-GE70-Apache-Gaming-Laptop/W/225566) - $1,309 with free shipping, but I added a coupon code (Promotional Code - BOXBOX5) for 5% off purchases over $1,299 so the final total comes out to $1,243.55.

The technical specs come out to an i7 4710HQ mobile processor with a 860M GTX 2GB, which should run Pay Day 2 at around 60-70FPS, high settings.

As for DayZ, It should run on high settings, but I'm not completely sure on the FPS.

This custom configuration includes a free MSI gaming mousepad and Sistorm mouse (courtesy of MSI). :)

Check out our other configurations and let me know if you have any questions!
The GE70 is fine, but be on guard when it comes to the temperature. These systems tend to run hot. The Lenovo Y series has a slightly better reputation in this area.

Look into Clevo/Sager systems as well. They have full fledged gaming systems starting at under $1200, as well as mid-range gaming systems just as powerful - if not, more powerful - than the MSI and Lenovo systems mentioned for right around $1k.

Hi,

If you're considering a MSI GE70, I've configured one for you (http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/MSI-GE70-Apache-Gaming-Laptop/W/225566) - $1,309 with free shipping, but I added a coupon code (Promotional Code - BOXBOX5) for 5% off purchases over $1,299 so the final total comes out to $1,243.55.

The technical specs come out to an i7 4710HQ mobile processor with a 860M GTX 2GB, which should run Pay Day 2 at around 60-70FPS, high settings.

As for DayZ, It should run on high settings, but I'm not completely sure on the FPS.

This custom configuration includes a free MSI gaming mousepad and Sistorm mouse (courtesy of MSI). :)

Check out our other configurations and let me know if you have any questions!

Solution

Skozy

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013

The screen size doesnt mean anything to me. What one would you recommend if screen size didnt matter?

If your'e still interested in the GE line, the GE60 is a 15.6" model and slightly cheaper.