Need help with headset problems.

cambausher

Estimable
Jul 14, 2014
Hello, I have a Skullcandy GI headset. I'm trying to use it with my PC. There are two cords, the green and pink. I can hear fine but I'm not sure what the problem is with the mic. The pink cord which is for the mic has a sticker indicating that I should plug it into the controller. Obviously I'm not using my this for my Xbox. Do I need another cord for the audio to work?

you would plug it in to the microphone (typically a pink) 3.5mm jack on the back of your computer or on the front of your pc case....

Dell-Alienware-X51-Gaming-Desktop-review-ports.jpg

example+sound+card.jpg

image_23s.jpg

if you speak into the mic does the green bar flicker up and down?

realtek makes audio equipment and is your soundcards drivers. that looks normal and based on the photo it *should* be working.

if you open sound recorder do you you get anything?

cambausher

Estimable
Jul 14, 2014
No, the green bar doesn't flicker and nothing different when I re-opened it. I opened a sound recorder and tried recording my voice. When I played it back all I got was a buzzing sound.

cambausher

Estimable
Jul 14, 2014
I don't think that's the problem though, saying I just changed to a different headset and it worked. I think it's the fact that the pink audio cable is suppose to go to the controller and it wont work for PC. I might be wrong.

if another headset worked then yeah... that looks to be the case.

however i find that odd... as 3.5mm should be analog and not digital so should work fine.

you could try messing with the mic gain in settings... but if that doesnt work then i'm not sure whats going on.