need help with laptop

swatigul

Estimable
Jan 24, 2015
I need to buy a laptop for my work use.
Usage: Need one that can handle opening multiple tabs on internet at once (my present one COMPAQ PRESARIO V6409TU hangs here), play music, videos and movies and download the same.
Please suggest which processor and model i should opt.????
Options seen; HP 1000-1B10AU and ASUS X551CA- SX014H
Also tell me if it would be wiser to upgrade my old one than buy a new one?

rockie_

Estimable
i3 3217U-2290 points , Passmark
A4-3330MX-1212 points
Core 2 Duo T5300 -934 points .

the max memory is 2GB for the current laptop . If its not expensive , i would try upgrading the RAM to 2GB and if not pleased , get another laptop.

Out of the two new : Asus with i3 is better for Internet
also the Asus has 4GB RAM but the other only 2GB
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php
http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01210223-2

andya48

Estimable
Jan 24, 2015
well, actually, apu dual core can satisfy ur need(ur first option).
ci3 is anytime better(second option).
probably u cant upgrade ur old laptop(because the cpu and gpu are at optimum stages preinstalled. mostly, u cant upgrade them like we do with our desktop computers).
my suggestion- ofcourse go with second choice.
however before going to purchase, i will suggest u to do some software twicks as much possible as u can because your current lappy is with decent config.
tweaks like- formatting and upgrading system to win7, try with other browsers like opera/firefox....etc.

swatigul

Estimable
Jan 24, 2015
I did try installing win 7 and/or using firefox and it didnt help much. If i open my borwser and music player and say
a word file or so all together, it slows down. i need to wait after i click anything. My lappy has a 504 MB RAM. would upgrading only that help?

andya48

Estimable
Jan 24, 2015
have u defragmented and checked performance?
u need to debug it yourself.here is how it can be-
open those applications after which your system gets hang, open task manager, sort applications by cpu usage and monitor the task which are utilizing more cpu power. try to find alternative to those apps.also monitor your ram usage. if it goes beyond 80%, then monitor which app is eating it so much and try with its alternative.if still, ram consumption is more, u can go with ram upgrade option.
if both cpu and ram usage is normal, then problem might be with your hard drive, and you may need to change/upgrade it.