Need help with my laptop's gpu!

TwNx

Estimable
Jun 20, 2015
So to give context, My laptop screen got damaged a while ago so i brought it to a local repair shop to get it fixed. Took 3-4 days no problem. But when I got it back I noticed that my fps in games was a lot lower than usual. e.g csgo I would get 60-80 fps but now i'm lucky to get 40. I brought it back to get them to check if they did anything to the gpu while fixing the screen. They said they didn't. So I searched for answers. To Nvidia Geforce Experience the gt 635m is there and working, driver updates appear for it and all. But to games they are running of the intel HD 3000 integrated graphics. Does anyone know why this is or can even help resolve this issue because since i got it repaired it has ran a lot hotter due to using the cpu's integrated graphics and it has got to the point I can actually smell the laptop(yes, it is that hot). Attached is an imgur link to the laptop specs and a photo of minecraft showing that it is running of the integrated graphics. http://imgur.com/7MIWP86 http://imgur.com/tlyKVk0

Thanks in advance

Solution
go into device manger and try disabling the integrated graphics. also try going into the BIOS and setting it to use the dedicated card. it is likely that while they were working on it some BIOS setting got reset and now it is prioritizing the use of integrated graphics. I would bring it back to them and have them do this, because they should really be the people who fix it, while it is very unlikely that something could go wrong, you should definitely not be forced to deal with their work. if you are fine with doing it by all means do it.

Robert Cook

Honorable
Herald
Dec 15, 2014
go into device manger and try disabling the integrated graphics. also try going into the BIOS and setting it to use the dedicated card. it is likely that while they were working on it some BIOS setting got reset and now it is prioritizing the use of integrated graphics. I would bring it back to them and have them do this, because they should really be the people who fix it, while it is very unlikely that something could go wrong, you should definitely not be forced to deal with their work. if you are fine with doing it by all means do it.

Solution