Need help with my turntable and receiver

chirsxblade

Estimable
Dec 27, 2014
Alright, I am really new to the audio world so excuse my ignorance. I am attempting to hook up a Onkyo HT-R393 Receiver to my sony pslx300usb turntable. The receiver is working just fine as I am able to use my streaming stick which is connected via an HDMI cord from the receiver into the TV. The speakers work along with the sub woofer. However, when attempting to use my turntable I hear nothing. The turn table has RCA cables attached to it. I have taken those RCA cables and plugged it into the RCA ports on my receiver. Currently it is plugged into the channel labeled "TV/CD" as I am assuming the name of the port is irrelevant and just present for organizational purposes. Now when I switch from the port that the stream stick is on where the speakers are working, and switch to the port the turn table is on I hear nothing. The turn table is fine. It's working just as expected as well. The turntable has a preamp in it, and I have it switched to the line switch on the back. The speakers however play zero sound from it. What should I do?

Solution
The turntable being set to line is correct. You can't use USB on a receiver for a turntable. That's for ripping LPs on a PC.
The TV/CD analog input on the receiver may be set to a digital input in the input set up menu. Check for that.