Solved! Need home cinema for 4K HDR .mkv movies

hero355

Estimable
Aug 30, 2017
Hello, good day.
I'd like to get home cinema for watching 4K HDR .mkv movies on it. But i was told that most of bluray players don't support X265 .mkv file. So any suggestion?
and if i get any home cinema system can i use it on pc rather than connecting bluray? If yes, sound effect will be same or there will be some quality loss?

Thanks in advance

Solution
Anything that will play the files with an HDMI 2.0 output that supports 4k HDR playback will work.
The HTS has to have an actual HDMI 2.0 input (not just an HDMI-ARC connection) and output so it can pass the video to the display.
If the computer supports 4k HDR, HDMI 2.0, and supports the audio codecs on the file it should work fine with no loss of quality.
Anything that will play the files with an HDMI 2.0 output that supports 4k HDR playback will work.
The HTS has to have an actual HDMI 2.0 input (not just an HDMI-ARC connection) and output so it can pass the video to the display.
If the computer supports 4k HDR, HDMI 2.0, and supports the audio codecs on the file it should work fine with no loss of quality.

Reactions: hero355
Solution