Need laptop for streaming to HDTV

redrepo

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
I'm looking to buy a laptop on black Friday this year and all I need it for is web browsing and play Netflix/dvds onto my HDTV. How powerful of a laptop would I need to do this so I don't encounter lag?

Would it be possible for it cost under $500 and be less than 15in?

Solution
I'd say as long as it has an i3 processor in it you'll be fine. You need a decent CPU (since your budget will not yield a dedicated GPU) to be able to handle external video output at decent resolutions.

i3 CPU + 4 GB of RAM should be your minimum specs to look for: particularly the i3 4000M or i3 4100M. Intel Atom and Pentium are budget processors and may not be up to snuff.

You can also look into laptops with AMD chips too; they're not as capable, though they are more affordable. An AMD A6 or A8 would suit your video streaming. :)
I'd say as long as it has an i3 processor in it you'll be fine. You need a decent CPU (since your budget will not yield a dedicated GPU) to be able to handle external video output at decent resolutions.

i3 CPU + 4 GB of RAM should be your minimum specs to look for: particularly the i3 4000M or i3 4100M. Intel Atom and Pentium are budget processors and may not be up to snuff.

You can also look into laptops with AMD chips too; they're not as capable, though they are more affordable. An AMD A6 or A8 would suit your video streaming. :)

Solution