Need Malwarebytes Alternative

clutchc

Distinguished
Does anyone know of a good quality Malwarebytes alternative? One that....
1) has a lifetime license
2) can run real time
3) is US based
4) if not free, at least isn't $40/year like Malwarebytes
5) isn't a resource hog that will slow down my PC

Solution
Wouldnt bother.If it aint broke why try and fix it.

If you dont want it running in the background and you think you have malware use adwcleaner

Yup ^ Dont get dodgy files / dont go to dodgy sites, you wont need one

Altho I wouldnt use Mbam 3 until they fix the crashing. Looks like a few people have been getting crashes with it lately

Colif

Distinguished
i haven't used malwarebytes all year, i hide behind ublock origin and don't download files from strange places, so I don't get malware. I use Bitdefender Internet Security so I expect it clears up anything I miss - its not as cheap as MWB but they do different things. I am not convinced you could run a PC without a better AV than defender and just use MWB, regardless of their advertising.

I can't offer a alternative that is cheaper or life time.

Paul NZ

Admirable
Wouldnt bother.If it aint broke why try and fix it.

If you dont want it running in the background and you think you have malware use adwcleaner

Yup ^ Dont get dodgy files / dont go to dodgy sites, you wont need one

Altho I wouldnt use Mbam 3 until they fix the crashing. Looks like a few people have been getting crashes with it lately

Solution

clutchc

Distinguished

Maybe that is my problem. I have used MB for years with zero issues. This latest upgrade is buggy or something. Slows down my machine. I just went back to my older ver. 211 (lifetime license) and have had no issues. But I hate the nag pop-up wanting me to upgrade my version.