Solved! Need on LG 5.1 system..the subwoofer iz not producing any sound or bass even on testing

Connect the subwoofer to either the right or left front speaker terminals. Do you get any sound?
If you don't then the woofer is blown. You should be able to replace it if you can get into the cabinet. The replacement woofer has to fit and have the same impedance but doesn't have to be the exact same one (which you aren't likely to find anyway). It's not going to be an expensive part.
If you do then the subwoofer amp inside the main unit is blown. There might be an internal fuse but it's not common anymore. It will not be an economically practical repair on this kind of unit and of this age.

Connect the subwoofer to either the right or left front speaker terminals. Do you get any sound?
If you don't then the woofer is blown. You should be able to replace it if you can get into the cabinet. The replacement woofer has to fit and have the same impedance but doesn't have to be the exact same one (which you aren't likely to find anyway). It's not going to be an expensive part.
If you do then the subwoofer amp inside the main unit is blown. There might be an internal fuse but it's not common anymore. It will not be an economically practical repair on this kind of unit and of this age.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sound guy Audio 1
B Audio 5
A Audio 1
N Audio 4
L Audio 1
M Audio 3
D Audio 1
S Audio 5
D Audio 3
T Audio 1
D Audio 5