Need removal help

Nickand5

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
I have a program installed on my computer that I cannot seem to get rid of. It does not show up on add/remove programs, the program list, or on the hard drive anywhere. I have tried running spybot, malwarebytes, combofix, Glary utilities, and Your Uninstaller all to no avail. I tried to find it in the registry also to no avail. If anyone has any ideas at all, I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Nick

Nickand5

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008

It is PC Agent by Blue-Series. Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Nickand5

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
Ken,

Thanks for the Symantec info. I ran through the steps in safe mode, also while in safe mode ran malwarebytes, ccleaner, spybot, and Glary utilities one more time to no avail. I do not find any of the registry entries mentioned in Symantec's info. I do not know if this is an updated version of an older virus. I was able to grab a screen shot of what keeps popping up on my computer. Using anvir task pro, I was able to determine that it appears to be somehow calling csrss process to cause this to pop-up. Additionally, I noticed that it does not pop-up in while I am in safe mode. If you are able to spend any more time helping me with this, I would greatly appreciate it. (I guess I do not know how to attach the screen shot--it is a pop-up window that says PC agent at the top left and then in the box states This computer is monitored! To deactivate this message, you need a license key.)

Thanks,
Nick

Until I can find another solution you can try running MSCONFIG and see what is going on with Startup. You can disable items there that run when Windows is started and you can look for services that are running as well. Start looking at ones you don't recognize and then do a Google search to see what they are or what they start. Be sure not to disable any system critical services.

Nickand5

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
Ken,

Thanks so much. I went into msconfig and disabled three things that I wasn't sure about. Adobe Flash Player Update Service, Adobe Reader and Acrobat Manager, and MUI StartMenu Application --Manufacturer--Cyberlink Corp. I know about Adobe, but those two were the most recently added, so I figured I would start with those, and the other I have no idea what it is or does....so. Then I restarted the computer and voila no more pop-up box. I am fairly certain the program was gone and just the annoyance of the pop-up was left. I also would like to say that no matter what problem I have had over the years, this forum has always come through for me, unlike some others where I get no or rude responses.

Thanks once again for your time,
Nick