need some help with spliter!!

Fat_Cat

Estimable
May 21, 2014
Since the switch to digital tv in Australia my tv spliter wont work (it is realy old and needs upgrading anyway) I think all the televisions in other parts of the house (4 to be exact) nare connected using a coaxial cable. I now have a new Samsung smart tv and a home theater PC as well. I know very little about this and would the coaxial cables even work still? would any one be able to help me out and give me advice on a spliter since the one I just bought doesn't seem to work. Thank you very much for any help

Solution
Hi Fat_Cat
yes the coax will still work as long as you have it hooked up to a set top box , go somewhere where they install antenna's and you will be able to but the apropriate splitters from there

mickypheonix

Estimable
Mar 9, 2014
Hi Fat_Cat
yes the coax will still work as long as you have it hooked up to a set top box , go somewhere where they install antenna's and you will be able to but the apropriate splitters from there

Solution

Fat_Cat

Estimable
May 21, 2014

thank you son much for your reply. I think the coaxial cable is connected to the televisions. Do they connect to the antenna instead of the televisions? and will the set top box support the pc as well?

mickypheonix

Estimable
Mar 9, 2014
I am in aus , i have standard TV ariel , coax to a three way splitter which goes to 2 set top boxes in 2 rooms each of those set top boxes to a tv and a tv capture card in my pc which requires no set top box so coax direct to it