Need to connect my pc to my 5.1 surround

Eoyu

Estimable
Jan 1, 2015
Hi ! I need to connect my pc line out (headphones stereo jack) to my 5.1 surround system (3 input line purple-green-black). I don't want that the surround effect, just the stereo effect. I dont want to buy some expensive stuffs. thaks a lot ^_^
( i already tried to make a jack with a top stereo, and the other with 3 jacks, but i have noise when the cable is connect to a pc)

Solution
The noise you are hearing is the noise coming between two power supply. Your PC and your speakers. Few things you should try to eliminate the noise but first is your connection.

1) Buy and try to connect the cable ien2222 suggested with your phone or ipod or something and just run it through its battery. If the signal is clean then it is the ground from the both unit is causing the noise.
2) You can try using a ferrite core if that works, however, it is not 100% guaranty it'll work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cUt9DSJDpc
3) More expensive connection is optical connection. You only need to do this method if you really love your speakers because it'll cost around $30 to $100 if you chose this path. For that you can use something...

Eoyu

Estimable
Jan 1, 2015

Yes but my speakers have not the input in rca. i have 1 jack that comes from pc (stereo) and 3 jacks needed in the speakers. (and i cannot find an adaptator on sale ) Thanks for help :D

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006

For your future reference, Jack is a connector in electronic term. so when you keep on saying jack, RCA plug can also be called jack. It has a proper name and it is called TSR connector or mini plug to spicify the type of connector. As ien2222 pointed out the size of connector on his link 3.5mm or mini plug. a 2.5 mm TSR is called micro phono jack or micro headphone jack/plug.

Eoyu

Estimable
Jan 1, 2015

Ok but... do you have a solution?

ien2222

Distinguished
His solution will be the same as mine, stereo 3.5mm to stereo 3.5mm.

On your sub the three inputs are stereo 3.5mm: Green, black, and purple. Green is L/R, black is sub/center, purple is rear. You said you only wanted stereo so all you need to do is plug the cable into your line out (which is probably green) on your computer and then plug it into the green on your speaker system.

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
The noise you are hearing is the noise coming between two power supply. Your PC and your speakers. Few things you should try to eliminate the noise but first is your connection.

1) Buy and try to connect the cable ien2222 suggested with your phone or ipod or something and just run it through its battery. If the signal is clean then it is the ground from the both unit is causing the noise.
2) You can try using a ferrite core if that works, however, it is not 100% guaranty it'll work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cUt9DSJDpc
3) More expensive connection is optical connection. You only need to do this method if you really love your speakers because it'll cost around $30 to $100 if you chose this path. For that you can use something like this for your speaker. http://www.amazon.com/D3-Digital-Converter-Optical-Toslink/dp/B005K2TXMO/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1420808221&sr=1-3&keywords=fiio+dac
plus, you'll optical output from your computer if you don't have yet. And this will not guaranty it will work because you still need to connect to power, and if the signal between the DAC to your speaker is noisy then you are back to square one.

Solution

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
[/quotemsg]

If i do this not all speakers work. Just one channel !
[/quotemsg]

Have you tried it already?

[/quotemsg]

with that 2 channel will work, left and right channel. Just plug it in to where the front channel socket of your speaker signal input not the one goes to your speaker. This I assume the RCA jacks are for speakers or is it "Audio IN / INPUT" as well?