Solved! Need to reinstall MS Office Pro Plus 2010. It's in my programs but I can't access it.

Oct 24, 2018
Need to reinstall MS Office Pro Plus 2010. I see it in my programs but can't access it. I have the key but when I try to reinstall it on microsoft.com it says it comes from another provider??

Solution
In Program Files or Program Files X86, find MS Office and look for a fle with the .exe extension; it may be office.exe or word.exe, excel.exe. Try double clicking on any of the above and see what happens.

Which version of Windows are you running? Do you have the Product Key and if so, can you see Office2010 in Microsoft's website as a download?.
In Program Files or Program Files X86, find MS Office and look for a fle with the .exe extension; it may be office.exe or word.exe, excel.exe. Try double clicking on any of the above and see what happens.

Which version of Windows are you running? Do you have the Product Key and if so, can you see Office2010 in Microsoft's website as a download?.

Solution
Oct 24, 2018
Windows 10. Program Files has MS Office, then Office14 but not much beyond that. Program Files X86 has MS Office, then Office14 and has a lot of files there. I can click on Excel and it opens there but I can't find it anywhere else to open it up. There's an excel.exe.manifest folder but that's all the exe I found except the same thing for power point...
Yes I have the product key. When I go to Microsoft and put in the key and it searches and then says 'the product key you entered appears to be for software pre-installed by the device mfg.

I no lomger use MS Office - too expensive when Libre Office is free - so I can't remember where the .exe files are but if you find one, right click it and select Shortcut to Desktop or similar. The Word exe might be named Winword.exe and should behave the same way.