Need your quick reply for a peace of mind (traveling and phone usage)

ushy86

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2008
Hello guys. I had some quick question(s) for anybody who can help me understand if I'll be safe using my phone in the US while leaving Canada for a visitation. So, from what I have read online, as long as I have my phones DATA ROAMING off, and AIRPLANE MODE on, I can continue to use wifi at wifi locations and hotspots without the worry of being charged. I am correct in this notion? I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 if anybody wonders and plan to watch twitch videos through the app while traveling on a Greyhound bus that has wifi.

So once again to clear it up for my peace of mind... Airplane Mode ON with wifi enabled and Data Roaming OFF is safe, right?

Thank you for your time. If anybody could chime in on this it would be heavily appreciated.

ushy86

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2008
Thanks for your replies. Should I bother taking the SIM card out for more precautions or is this something I don't have to bother with as long as I did what's mentioned above.

ushy86

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2008
I plan to use KIK messenger which is free and seems to work without the SIM in place.. also to watch Twitch streams while wifi is on. Anyway, I figure I will just keep the SIM out as another precaution, as everything I need will work. Thanks for the input people.

TRENDING THREADS