Solved! Needed urgently UK supplier of Genuine Toshiba Satellite Pro A200 power supply?

Belinea2020

Commendable
Jun 7, 2020
Hi

I urgently need a UK supplier of Genuine Toshiba Satellite Pro A200 power supply as mine has died?

Yes it's an old Laptop but its rock solid and I have it for my kids to use for School work during the Covid 19 lockdown and I cannot let them anywhere near my work laptop.

I have done all of the usual checks, fuse in the plug, plugging it in different power outlets but it dead.

Looking on google for a new one and there are loads being sold as genuine but it obvious that they are cheap imitations. Some reviews of the ones on Amazon say that the copies on last a few months...

Any help much appreciated

Belinea2020

Commendable
Jun 7, 2020
I found several on eBay UK, including this one.

Hi Saga Lout

Thanks for your reply and for have a look on ebay.

Sadly that is one of the fakes or cheap imitations that I mentioned in my post. The PSU unit is the wrong wrong shape as in the sticker - these are the ones that other buyers are reporting badly over heat and/or fail within months.

I have two of those in my office and they both came with my customers' laptops when they bought them new. They came to me for repairs but I had to say the laptops have died the death.

As far as I can see, the power blocks are genuine and work perfectly. If you're in the UK, I'll post one to you or if you're anywhere near Newport Pagnell, collect or deliver one of them. They came in free of charge and will go out for the same amount.